Alex Dunstan: April 2018
Haltwhistle Methodist Church are looking for a
'Full Time Community Worker'
- Seeking a dynamic opportunity to engage in mission and evangelism through building relationships with people of all ages in this close-knit community.
- Excited to develop outreach and pastoral work supporting people from initial contact along a journey into Christian discipleship.
- A committed Christian looking to create a role that encourages and enables people in their faith journey, whatever stage they may be at.
- Haltwhistle Methodist Church has traditional worship services and a more informal Breakfast Worship. Sunday School is growing and the Church is part of Haltwhistle Churches Together, supporting Messy Church and other ecumenical events.
- Many different community groups use the space such as Drop-in, Women's Fellowship, Art Club, Men's Forum and Coffee Mornings
- We have good links with the Local First Schools where Open the Book is a highlight! We enjoy close contacts with other community groups and businesses.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
For further details and an application pack please contact
Rev Alex Dunstan 01434 603761 firstname.lastname@example.org
or download from the right hand side of this page.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Interview date planned for: Friday 25th May 2018
You may also be interested in
On 11th April fourteen members of the Wednesday Forum visited St Andrew's Church in Newcastle. We were given a guided tour of the church by the warden who gave us some of history of the church, which is the oldest church in Newcastle, as we went round. The photographs show the Norman arch which is one of the best preserved in the country due to the fact it was build internally, one of the...
Christians at Haltwhistle Methodist Chapel marked Holy Week and Easter Day in a number of ways — Maundy Thursday Communion, a Good Friday March of Witness with other Christians in the town; Easter Verses — an informal time of Songs and Reflections on Saturday afternoon; and Easter Sunday Worship, when all ages gathered to celebrate the Risen Christ. Many people took part in worship and the joy of...
Moving Into the Neighbourhood is the title of a Lent course which is being run across the Tynedale Circuit this Lent. It has been written by Ministers and members in the Circuit to help those who attend the course study, pray and bless in neighbourhoods across the Circuit.If you'd like to sign up to join a Moving into the Neighbourhood Group you can download the sign up sheet...
Allendale Methodist Church
Allendale Methodist Church
Haltwhistle Methodist Church
Haydon Bridge Methodist Church