Keenley Chapel was built in 1750 and rebuilt in 1875, and is the oldest Chapel in use in the world after the Orphan House at Newcastle. The Trust Deed dated 11 October 1750 is the oldest in Methodism.
The services are once a fortnight, at 6.00 pm. We have five members who regularly attend every service; we are small in number, but strong in faith. In the winter, from October to Easter, services are at 2.30 pm.
Our special events are as follows:
- Easter Saturday we have a concert which begins at 7.15 pm, and a service on Easter Sunday at 6.00 pm.
- On the May Bank Holiday Saturday, we have a Pie & Peas Lunch, with trifles.
- The Camp Meeting is held on the first Sunday in August, at 3.00 pm.
- The Harvest Festival is the last full weekend in September, with a concert on the Saturday night at 7.15 pm and a service on the Sunday at 6.00 pm.
- The Carol Service is in December, first Sunday this year but usually the second. The service commences at 2.30 pm with a Tea at the close of the service.
Everyone very welcome.
Useful directions for finding the church: