Keenley Chapel was built in 1750 and rebuilt in 1875, and is the oldest Chapel in use in the world after the Orphan House at Newcastle. The Trust Deed dated 11 October 1750 is the oldest in Methodism.
Everyone is very welcome!
Special events and services will be posted on this website.
Useful directions for finding the church:
The chapel is west of Allendale town, between Allendale and Bearsbridge, down a small lane. There is a signpost to the chapel at the top of the lane.
OS grid reference NY803567