Alex Dunstan: April 2018
Haltwhistle Methodist Church are looking for a
'Full Time Community Worker'
- Seeking a dynamic opportunity to engage in mission and evangelism through building relationships with people of all ages in this close-knit community.
- Excited to develop outreach and pastoral work supporting people from initial contact along a journey into Christian discipleship.
- A committed Christian looking to create a role that encourages and enables people in their faith journey, whatever stage they may be at.
- Haltwhistle Methodist Church has traditional worship services and a more informal Breakfast Worship. Sunday School is growing and the Church is part of Haltwhistle Churches Together, supporting Messy Church and other ecumenical events.
- Many different community groups use the space such as Drop-in, Women's Fellowship, Art Club, Men's Forum and Coffee Mornings
- We have good links with the Local First Schools where Open the Book is a highlight! We enjoy close contacts with other community groups and businesses.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
For further details and an application pack please contact
Rev Alex Dunstan 01434 603761 firstname.lastname@example.org
or download from the right hand side of this page.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Interview date planned for: Friday 25th May 2018
You may also be interested in
The Haltwhistle Open the Book Team shared the Christmas Story with youngsters from Haltwhistle First School and Greenhead Primary School. It was very well received in both places, and the children enjoyed taking part in various ways. The team will continue to share Bible Stories at both schools in the New...
This year we are celebrating Harvest on the weekend of 22nd/23rd September. The focus of our celebrations is Tools for Self Reliance, an international development charity which recycles and refurbishes tools and sewing machines and supplies them to partners in Africa in conjunction with training programmes. On the Saturday evening we are holding a Beetle Drive with a shared supper and donations...
A group from Corbridge recently enjoyed the hospitality of Catton chapel for an Away Day. We spent the morning led in fellowship by Jane, had an excellent lunch cooked by the Catton team of caterers, then split into two groups to enjoy the area. The walkers were led by Brian and others on a bus trip driven by Ian. We finished the day with a cup of tea and prayers. Jane's theme of God's...
TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH
HAYDON BRIDGE METHODIST CHURCH