Alex Dunstan: April 2018
Haltwhistle Methodist Church are looking for a
'Full Time Community Worker'
- Seeking a dynamic opportunity to engage in mission and evangelism through building relationships with people of all ages in this close-knit community.
- Excited to develop outreach and pastoral work supporting people from initial contact along a journey into Christian discipleship.
- A committed Christian looking to create a role that encourages and enables people in their faith journey, whatever stage they may be at.
- Haltwhistle Methodist Church has traditional worship services and a more informal Breakfast Worship. Sunday School is growing and the Church is part of Haltwhistle Churches Together, supporting Messy Church and other ecumenical events.
- Many different community groups use the space such as Drop-in, Women's Fellowship, Art Club, Men's Forum and Coffee Mornings
- We have good links with the Local First Schools where Open the Book is a highlight! We enjoy close contacts with other community groups and businesses.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
For further details and an application pack please contact
Rev Alex Dunstan 01434 603761 firstname.lastname@example.org
or download from the right hand side of this page.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Interview date planned for: Friday 25th May 2018
You may also be interested in
Haltwhistle have been connecting with the Community with a new Prayer Board. This is huge(!) and is on the railings outside the Chapel. Each week, new prayer themes are put onto the Prayer Board so that folk in the community know what is being prayed for and can join in. There is also the opportunity to send prayers to the Church website: www.haltwhistlemethodistchurch.co.uk At a time when...
Folk at Allen Valley Churches and around the Community have been busy knitting Angels and making up 'letterbox packs' to be delivered up and down the valley to bring a message of hope this Christmas. 500 packs will have been delivered by the end of the week, to Keenley, Sparty Lea, Sinderhope, Catton and Allendale. Feedback from people who have already received packs has been very...
Haydon Bridge Methodist Church host an annual Christmas Puppet Show which is very popular with friends in Haydon Bridge, around the Tynedale Circuit and beyond. Sadly the puppets haven't learnt about social distancing so a live show wasn't possible this year so they have taken to YouTube! Why not find half an hour watch the video and sing along with the puppets to some great Christmas...