Alex Dunstan: April 2018
Haltwhistle Methodist Church are looking for a
'Full Time Community Worker'
- Seeking a dynamic opportunity to engage in mission and evangelism through building relationships with people of all ages in this close-knit community.
- Excited to develop outreach and pastoral work supporting people from initial contact along a journey into Christian discipleship.
- A committed Christian looking to create a role that encourages and enables people in their faith journey, whatever stage they may be at.
- Haltwhistle Methodist Church has traditional worship services and a more informal Breakfast Worship. Sunday School is growing and the Church is part of Haltwhistle Churches Together, supporting Messy Church and other ecumenical events.
- Many different community groups use the space such as Drop-in, Women's Fellowship, Art Club, Men's Forum and Coffee Mornings
- We have good links with the Local First Schools where Open the Book is a highlight! We enjoy close contacts with other community groups and businesses.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
For further details and an application pack please contact
Rev Alex Dunstan 01434 603761 firstname.lastname@example.org
or download from the right hand side of this page.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Interview date planned for: Friday 25th May 2018
You may also be interested in
The church has been converted into a tearoom on two occasions recently when we served afternoon teas. The first occasion was at the beginning of Christian Aid week when we chose to do afternoon teas as a fund raiser — £366 was raised from this afternoon which was enjoyed by everyone. The second occasion was when members of Marie's previous church came to Corbridge for their summer...
The summer outing of the Wednesday Forum this year was a trip to Whitley Bay to the Spanish City where everyone enjoyed a look around, a lovely meal and good fello...
Youngsters from Great Lumley, along with three of their leaders, came and stayed at Haltwhistle Chapel from Thursday until Sunday last week. Among other activities, they enjoyed time at Hadrian's Wall and Housteads; they swam in the rain at the Outdoor Pool in the Town, and served others at the Coffee morning on Saturday where their help (and music) was greatly appreciated.On Sunday, the...
FOURSTONES WITH WARDEN METHODIST CHURCH
HAYDON BRIDGE METHODIST CHURCH
WEST END METHODIST CHURCH